Please note that User Registration has been temporarily disabled due to a recent increase in automated registrations. If anyone needs an account, please request one here: RequestAccount. Thanks for your patience!

Difference between revisions of "Edinburgh, 2013"

From Openembedded.org
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Attendence Record)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
==Location ==
 
==Location ==
 
 
  
 
Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Edinburgh, UK
 
Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Edinburgh, UK
Line 55: Line 53:
 
  * Euro 1731
 
  * Euro 1731
 
  * Taxes had to be filed, issues due to board transition
 
  * Taxes had to be filed, issues due to board transition
  * German language issues and documents required to be at a German  
+
  * German language issues and documents required to be at a German address. Lots of overhead
  address. Lots of overhead
+
 
  * No spending in last financial year
 
  * No spending in last financial year
 
  * No donations received either
 
  * No donations received either
  * Switched to SPI for finance
+
  * Setup SPI affiliation to allow for funds to be collected in and held in the US
 
  Financial Report Approved
 
  Financial Report Approved
  Discussion of expenditure
+
  Discussion of possible uses for collected funds:
  Things membership generally in favour of:
+
  Things membership generally in favor of:
 
  - travel sponsorship preferred  
 
  - travel sponsorship preferred  
 
  - ship event box for conferences
 
  - ship event box for conferences
 +
- create additional event box for NA
 
  - financial availability for emergency hardware
 
  - financial availability for emergency hardware
 
  - promotion at events
 
  - promotion at events
  Things membership generally not in favour of:
+
  Things membership generally not in favor of:
  - promotion in e.g. coffee breaks
+
  - sponsorship at events e.g. coffee breaks
 
  Discussion about future of e.V. and whether SPI (as an example) would make sense
 
  Discussion about future of e.V. and whether SPI (as an example) would make sense
 
  - nobody against dissolving e.V. in principle
 
  - nobody against dissolving e.V. in principle
 
  - Feeling that board should investigate and consult members and come up with a proposal
 
  - Feeling that board should investigate and consult members and come up with a proposal
 
  Meeting Ended 19:20
 
  Meeting Ended 19:20
 +
 +
== Action Items ==
 +
1) Board to review alternate legal structure
 +
2) Board to put together draft budget proposal
 +
3) Members: Investigate opportunities for "hack fest" sponsorship (close to conferences)

Revision as of 18:23, 28 October 2013

Contents

Location

Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Edinburgh, UK

October 25, 2013 at 1830 - 1930 in Harris 1.

Agenda

  • Financial report
  • Election of new members

Forms

Attendence Record

(Proxies are in brackets)

  • Marco Cavallini 'mckoan' (proxying for Eric Bénard 'ericben')
  • Paul Eggleton 'bluelightning' (proxying for Andrea Adami 'ant')
  • Philip Balister 'Crofton' [board member]
  • Richard Purdie 'RP'
  • Martin Jansa 'JaMa' (Simon Busch 'morphis')
  • Denys Dmytriyenko 'denix'
  • Koen Kooi 'koen' ( Khem Raj 'khem')
  • Anders Darander
  • Mark Hatle 'fray' (Otavio Salvador 'otavio')
  • Sean Hudson 'darknighte' [board member]
  • Saul Wold 'sgw'
  • Stefan Schmidt
  • Leon Woestenberg 'likewise' [board member]
  • David Stewart
  • Jefro
  • Scott Garman

Non members present and elected to become members

  • Jack Mitchell
  • Andrea Galbusera
  • Ross Burton

Non members not present but elected to become members

  • Bruce Ashfield
  • Ulf S

Meeting notes

Meeting opened 18:35
Attendees Documented
Financially Summary Presented
* Euro 1731
* Taxes had to be filed, issues due to board transition
* German language issues and documents required to be at a German address. Lots of overhead
* No spending in last financial year
* No donations received either
* Setup SPI affiliation to allow for funds to be collected in and held in the US
Financial Report Approved
Discussion of possible uses for collected funds:
Things membership generally in favor of:
- travel sponsorship preferred 
- ship event box for conferences
- create additional event box for NA
- financial availability for emergency hardware
- promotion at events
Things membership generally not in favor of:
- sponsorship at events e.g. coffee breaks
Discussion about future of e.V. and whether SPI (as an example) would make sense
- nobody against dissolving e.V. in principle
- Feeling that board should investigate and consult members and come up with a proposal
Meeting Ended 19:20

Action Items

1) Board to review alternate legal structure 2) Board to put together draft budget proposal 3) Members: Investigate opportunities for "hack fest" sponsorship (close to conferences)

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Categories
OE services
Toolbox