<analytics uacct="UA-3499561-6" ></analytics>
Welcome to OpenEmbedded
| Welcome to OpenEmbedded, the build framework for embedded Linux. OpenEmbedded offers a best-in-class cross-compile environment. It allows developers to create a complete Linux Distribution for embedded systems. Some of the OpenEmbedded advantages include:
- support for many hardware architectures
- multiple releases for those architectures
- tools for speeding up the process of recreating the base after changes have been made
- easy to customize
- runs on any Linux distribution
- cross-compiles 1000's of packages including GTK+, Qt, the X Windows system, Mono, Java, and about anything else you might ever need
- 2014-05-02: OpenEmbedded will host OEDAM in Santa Clara. See you there!
- 2014-01-06: OpenEmbedded will have a stand at FOSDEM 2014 in Brussels. See you there!
- 2013-05-21: OpenEmbedded will have a stand at LinuxTag in Berlin. See you there!
- 2013-01-22: OpenEmbedded will have a stand at Europe's largest free software conference - FOSDEM 2013 in Brussels. See you there!
- 2012-08-31: Meta-webos added
- 2012-07-16: Meta-systemd moved from meta-oe
See News Archive for older news.