OpenEmbedded Tools for Eclipse (OTE)
This page is a work in progress.
OpenEmbedded Tools for Eclipse (OTE) is a set of Eclipse plugins to make using OpenEmbedded from within Eclipse possible.
OTE is in a beta form. Functionality present within the plugins should work well, but development on them is fairly new. Bugs are expected!
- Bug Fixes
Current available version is 0.7.0.
- Numerous fixes in Create Project Wizard to sync to latest OE-Dev install.
OTE is licensed under the Eclipse Public License (EPL).
Sources are available at svn://svn.buglabs.net/ote/trunk.
The OTE updatesite, used to install the plugins from within Eclipse:
OTE is designed to facilitate a set of typical actions or tasks that an OE developer would do.
4. Assuming all the necessary system tools are available, the wizard will download sources and configure your new OpenEmbedded install.
5. Now by clicking finish, an Eclipse project will be created. It may take a few moments for Eclipse to index all the files in the project. Your workbench should look something like this:
Import Existing OE into Workspace
To access the Import Project wizard, select File -> Import... and select the Import OpenEmbedded Project wizard from the general dialog like so:
Next fill in the three fields required for importing the project.
- Name: this is the name of the Eclipse project in your workspace and can be anything.
- Location: this is the base directory of your OpenEmbedded project.
- Init Script: this is the shell script that initializes OE environment variables and updates the path.
The final wizard page shows the output of what you would see in the terminal after executing bitbake -e.
After clicking finish a new project should be available in your workspace. Depending on your machine it may take some moments for Eclipse to scan the entire set of files. It is important to note that even though the project appears in your Eclipse workspace, the files are accessed from your OE project root. So, modifications to these files will be reflected in your existing OE install.