OE Technical Steering Committee
The TSC consists of 5 people who are elected by, and ultimately be answerable to, the members of the OE e.V.
Here is the working copy of the new TSC charter.
The TSC meets approximately every two weeks.
In order by election:
- Richard Purdie (RP) - elected Jul 2011
- Khem Raj (khem) - elected Oct 2011
- Paul Eggleton (bluelightning) - elected Dec 2011
- Mark Hatle (fray) - elected Mar 2012
- Koen Kooi (koen) - elected Apr 2012
Each member serves a two-year term. During election time, one member may stand for election every two months. The next election will be for Richard Purdie's seat in July, 2013.
On a day-to-day basis the TSC is responsible for making tactical policy decisions, resolving disputes between contributors, administering access control to the git tree, and generally promoting good development practice.
Decisions are made where necessary by majority vote. Once a decision is made by the technical steering committee, the decision should be respected as a democratic decision.
Outstanding items (sorted by occurence)
- Convert remaining recipes to new style staging
- Make the insane.bbclass mandatory, make it default to only complain
- Ongoing campaign to deprecate/remove old recipes (use common sense, allow review)
- Rename org.openembedded.dev to master
- Document revert policy on Wiki
- Document TSC issue escalation procedure
TSC mailing list archive
- 5-Jun-2012 (no meeting)