[OE-core] some simple questions/observations about package groups

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Nov 28 22:27:58 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Chris Larson <clarson at kergoth.com> wrote:

> p.s. as with other things i've put on my wish list, it would be great
>> if a variation of bitbake could list the available package groups.
>>

> Depending on whether you want the metadata package groups or the packages:
>
> bitbake -e <some core-image inheriting recipe> | grep PACKAGE_GROUP_

Erm, wrong button. To continue: or..

bitbake -s | grep packagegroup-

Also, to comment on something tangentially related from a different thread,
technically the PACKAGE_GROUP_ variables were the first to use the term as
far as I'm aware. *tasks* were then renamed to use that name as well, which
is where a bunch of the confusion probably got introduced.
--
Christopher Larson