[OE-core] unmaintained layers

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 04:54:03 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Trevor Woerner
<trevor.woerner at linaro.org> wrote:
> On 01/09/14 17:43, Mark Hatle wrote:
>> On 1/9/14, 3:45 PM, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

>>> Wouldn't it be easier to do an initial sort based on commit activity
>>> ? Versus an
>>> opt-in query ?
>>
>> I agree..  see below for mine..
>
> To be honest, I had asked people to indicate which layers they thought
> were *un*maintained (since I assumed that list would be small), but this
> way works too.

It's always easier to get answers to a  question when presented with a clear
statement (like sending a patch, or a small list in the case), since
it is something
that people can quickly scan and react to ("Hey, they think my layer
is unmaintained!").

But agreed, either way works (say if they are maintained or not) and you'll get
the information, I just suspect you'll get it more quickly with a list
that makes
a clear statement and throws things into initial buckets on their behalf.

Cheers,

Bruce

> Interestingly enough, had I sorted the list on commit activity,
> according to http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/?s=idle
> meta-realtime hasn't been touched in 10 months which would make me
> suspect it was abandoned.

thee at its end"