[oe] [help] openembedded tarball sources on HTTP

RK Raggit rk.raggit at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 11:53:38 UTC 2009

Thanks for your reply Phil.

I set my ~/.subversion file with http proxy information and when i tried the
following, it succeeded -

#> svn co http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk subversion

Based on this i infer that my SVN ports are not blocked by the proxy.

Next i upgraded to cvs-1.12.10 which has support for http proxy tunnelling.
When i ran this ...

#> ./usr/bin/cvs '-d:pserver;proxy=xx.xx.xx.com
;proxyport=8080:anonymous at cvs.sv.gnu.org:/cvsroot/config' co -D "20050701
UTC" config

the command returned with this error "cvs [login aborted]: proxy server
xx.xx.xx.com:8080 does not support http tunnelling"

So i infer CVS-over-http tunnelling is not possible on my network ...but SVN
works directly. So thats one good news and one bad !

I will try other options mentioned -- using sources of available
distributions and using released tarballs (and also pursue my case with the
network admin ;) )

--RK