[oe] Building Image with all dbg packages?

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Mon Dec 20 04:36:11 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM, AJ ONeal <coolaj86 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there someway that I can tell it to ignore the several packages that
> don't have dbg packages?
>
> ERROR: Required build target coolaj86-image' has no buildable providers.
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['coolaj86-image',
> 'upstart-sysvcompat-dbg']

Not currently.  bitbake should really do a better job of handling
RRECOMMENDS.  The better bet would be to change those recipes to use
more standard packaging, make them emit a -dbg, the way the default
PACKAGES does.  As an alternative, you can test with INHERIT +=
'package_dbg', which enables per-binary-package -dbg packages, but you
need to do that from the beginning of the build if you use it.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com